This drill is similar to short court forehand that we have showed earlier. The main reason for starting with short court is to get the feel for the ball and not to expose yourself to injuries.
Pay attention to the following points:
- Make sure that you move back to the middle after hitting your backhand (at least few steps)
- When moving back towards the middle cross step to save time
- Use topspin, no flat backhands
- When hitting backhands imagine that your left hand is the dominant hand
- Left hand is doing all the work, it is almost as playing one handed forehands with left hand (imagine you are lefty -if right handed by default)